Adding Value Through the Exchange of Information and Ideas in the Commercial Real Estate Industry

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Argus Training Manual

A couple weeks ago we had one of our counselors speak to the class, ostensibly about Spreadsheets. She mentioned a program called ARGUS that is worthwhile to learn. The only issue is that the classes are extremely expensive (at least $600 for a 2 day class).

Well, searching the internet, what did I find but a training manual for ARGUS at Kellogg's business school's website. It's from a company called Realogic Analytics, Inc.

In case the link doesn't work, the URL is:

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/faculty/pagliari/htm/RED446/Realogic_%20ARGUS_Manual(%20Presentation).pdf.


The Table of Contents Includes:

* Overview of Lease by Lease Analysis
* Model Realogic Tower
* Assumptions & Abstracts Realogic Tower
* Argus Reports realizes Tower
* Apple Tower Assumptions & Abstracts
* Argus Reports Apple Tower

The manual even includes formulas for things like Weighted-Average Market Rent, Weighted-Average Downtime, Weighted Average Tenant Improvement Allowances, etc. It appears to be the closest thing I have seen to an "ARGUS for Dummies". Now I just need time to read it.

They also have on ARGUS's official website they have an online course (don't know how much it costs) where you can call: (866) MY-REALM for information.

2 Comments:

Blogger E.A. Leonard said...

Malaika, I'm looking for an argus for dummies manual and found your site with the link to the Kellogg school training manual. The link no longer functions, but I wonder if you happened to download the pdf. If so, would you consider sending me a copy at tipolouri.yahoo.com? Thanks

12/13/2008 09:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Alok said...

hi,

im at student at wharton and would love to see this pdf. can you please send to alokchanani@gmail.com! thanks..

2/03/2009 06:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home